new year’s resolutions 2014
i have a list of resolutions, that are closer to mid-to long-term goals.
- i will cherish my family, boyfriend, and friends.
- i will get involved in a charity organization based in sf
- i will eat healthy and take care of my health in other ways
- i will improve skills in sas and r
- i will make time for home yoga practice almost everyday
5:58 pm • 28 December 2013
what happened in november and december 2013?
honestly, not a whole lot.
maybe a whole lot, but i will never know since i stopped journaling and taking pictures when i started working at cornerstone,
1. more downtimes with work friends! this is us at in n’ out in oakland en route to not so silent night concert!
i picked up knitting again a few weeks ago and i came out looking like a grandma.
wahoo, arctic monkeys from afar!
2. christmas/holiday activities all around!
i organized the office’s interactive secret santa— a.k.a. secret snow pal (cringe) which turned out to be a blast. above is a ‘snowmail’ box that people used to deliver anonymous messages.
..elves came around passing out candy canes
..lemonade (+grey goose) was sold
..santa arrived at the office
..along with BUNCH OF CUTE BABIES OMG. but then they left a mess and i was immediately underwhelmed.
3. another great concert at fillmore— colleen and i went to check out capital cities!
i did grab TWO apples.
wahoo! the trumpet man
4. my family discovered FACETIME. now i get incessant facetime calls from korea. i wasn’t able to go home for the holidays this year, and seeing their faces often made the season a lot less lonely :)
5:52 pm • 28 December 2013
what happened in october 2013?
1. I finally settled into my tiny SF studio— it took me three weeks to put the bed and mattress together, which meant that I was sleeping on the floor for that duration of time. But life is now all good!
2. Some good hikes and runs on the weekend. Below is a picture from the Mount Tam east peak in Marin!
3. Not much else is up because I work all the time. Cornerstone Research has been a great place thus far, but I find it much more to feel balanced and have an active life outside of work+commute. I’m sure as I get used to the new routine, things will pick up. Fun things do happen in the office— below is yours truly dressed up as a tomago sushi for the office halloween party :)
12:24 am • 4 November 2013
what happened in september 2013?
1. I was back at Fox to see one of the best shows— Alt-J! I took a particular liking to the drummer, whose skills were very articulate and emotional, without the ornamental physical gestures.
2. I completed the teacher training at Avalon!—- I have quite a few classes to make up for :P but done for the majority.
3. most importantly, i started a new position as an analyst at cornerstone research.
these are the fun analysts in my class during orientation scavenger hunt.
this is my desk in the office i share with a lovely coworker named stephanie.
an a fruit and cheese welcome basket from my company!
3:45 pm • 21 October 2013
what happened in august 2013?
1. went to outside lands!
sir paul was obviously phenomenal.
in front of the murals with kathand my love ezra was doing his thing!
i was so close to the stage for rhcp—although there were multiple moments during which i thought i might get killed by the crowd
2. my family traveled to california to see moi!
we spent time touring in san francisco bay..
hiking the dipsea trail,
drinking wine in napa,
watching baseball at at&t park,
walking along embarcadero,
then mom had to leave. so dad, hailey, and i went to vegas!
vegas strip was too stressful for my suburban self.
and then we drove over to arizona to visit the grand canyons!
i fell pretty badly while on a jog along the south rim, and my face was bandaided up for a while.
i love my family.
2:13 am • 16 September 2013 • 1 note
what happened in july 2013?
I’m so bad at blogging regularly that I fell behind on a monthly update. But here are the main events of July.
1. My best friend Kevin, who got an exciting job offer in Singapore, visited the Bay area before he moved abroad! I’m gonna miss showing up at his apartment in New York on random weekends.
2. I turned 25 at the end of the month! Lots of love from family, friends, and boyfriend. I felt very blessed.
3. Visited Los Angeles with Colleen and Kath on my birthday weekend— some good times eating Korean BBQ, doing all the tourist gigs on Hollywood Boulevard and walking along the piers at Santa Monica Beach!
2:25 pm • 27 August 2013
what happened in june 2013?
each month gets even better, 2013 has been unbelievable!
in mid-june, i concluded my post-BA fellowship at stanford law. here’s how i’ve been idling away my time.
1. i got my cooking groove back. it’s been truly wonderful—with so much more time, i have no excuse not to spend away the hours researching recipes, hosting meals with friends, etc.
here are the most colorful creations of recent:
2. vacation to DC and New York
posing with dearest friends:
3. my closest friend in palo alto leaves california for law school! and with his departure, my stanford law chapter officially closes.
4. yoga, yoga, and more yoga. in the past few weeks, i’ve dabbled into designing and teaching gentle flow sequences.
this is me and sarah after the first class we taught:
yes, i took a travel yoga mat around times square.
5. first trip to napa in the year— more updates on the day at some point.
6. pride parade— what a day to cap off june. three cheers to marriage equality!
6:10 am • 9 July 2013
what happened in may 2013?
jesus, may was even funner and faster than April.
In May, I spent a lot of time being out and about in San Francisco.
There was the infamous Bay to Breakers race which I actually ran:
Can you tell from the leg warmers? We rocked the 80s workout girls costume.
I visited Museum of Modern Arts for the first time— it’s sadly closing for renovation by the end of tomorrow!
Went to a great concert at the Great American Music Hall. My friends and I even got to meet the band (Shout Out Louds) at the end of the night!
My host sister from China came to visit the Bay area for a few days!
My friends Anya and Naghmeh inspired me to take blues dancing lessons with them. I have some catching up to do!
I went on a hike to Marin for the first time!
The weather was extremely foggy but it was still very pretty :)
2:23 pm • 1 June 2013 • 1 note
what happened in April 2013?
april went by in a breeze, whew. What was new in April?
1. I started Avalon studio’s yoga teacher training program. The program will last five months, and I hope to come out of the program as a humble teacher and a more experienced yogi.
2. I went to Coachella! Lots of new experiences, sun, and wonderful music. I came back in love with Sara Quinn (apparently single).
1:30 pm • 3 May 2013
Tribune’s Tribute to Boston
I found a beautiful tribute to Boston, printed on Chicago Tribune’s sports page this morning. I pray for the families affected by the heinous act, and I pray that a single, cowardly act will not take hope away from people. I hope to attend the Boston marathon as a spectator in 2014.
1:19 pm • 16 April 2013 • 4 notes